Thursday, July 23, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Preferences



It's been awhile since I participated...here's this week's
Booking Through Thursday:

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)

Reading something frivolous? Or something serious?
Serious

Paperbacks? Or hardcovers?
Hardcovers

Fiction? Or Nonfiction?
Fiction

Poetry? Or Prose?
Prose

Biographies? Or Autobiographies?
Autobiographies

History? Or Historical Fiction?
Historical fiction

Series? Or Stand-alones?
Stand-alones

Classics? Or best-sellers?
Best-sellers

Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose?
Straight-forward, basic prose

Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness?
Plots

Long books? Or Short?
Long

Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated?
Non-illustrated

Borrowed? Or Owned?
Borrowed from library

New? Or Used?
New

10 comments:

Amy said...

I'm a library user as well. I can't tell you how much money it's saved me!

Anonymous said...

Great questions - but tough! Most of these depend on my mood. I like meat to my books, but occasionally I like a fun light read....

Even the new or used question... at first I thought, definitely new... but then there is something to a great used book too... they show the love of being handed off to someone else as a gift of love. :)

Melissa said...

There were a few questions I had to say both on!

gautami tripathy said...

We both got somewhat similar tastes!

Booking through preferences

Lisa said...

Neat idea! I don't know that I could answer as succintly as you did. I'll have to try with the notion that you have to choose one, no explanations.

Looking forward to your review of the new Rebecca Wells.

Anonymous said...

I love the library. It keeps me from buying so many books until after I've read them.

Vasilly

Susan said...

Great answers! The name of my blog is "Well-Mannered Frivolity" - can you guess what my answer to number 1 was? It was hard to choose between some of the answers this week though...

Lisa said...

I liked this so much I used it on my blog. My answers are here:
http://litandlife.blogspot.com/2009/07/booking-through-thursday.html

Anonymous said...

I love seeing how everyone's answers vary.

Heather said...

I just did this on my blog...it was harder than I thought it would be.