Wednesday, December 9, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Excellent Lombards

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Excellent Lombards
By Jane Hamilton

Publication Date: April 19

From Amazon:

Mary Frances "Frankie" Lombard is fiercely in love with her family's sprawling apple orchard and the tangled web of family members who inhabit it. Content to spend her days planning capers with her brother William, competing with her brainy cousin Amanda, and expertly tending the orchard with her father, Frankie desires nothing more than for the rhythm of life to continue undisturbed. But she cannot help being haunted by the historical fact that some family members end up staying on the farm and others must leave. Change is inevitable, and threats of urbanization, disinheritance, and college applications shake the foundation of Frankie's roots. As Frankie is forced to shed her childhood fantasies and face the possibility of losing the idyllic future she had envisioned for her family, she must decide whether loving something means clinging tightly or letting go.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!









13 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love Jane Hamilton's books! Thanks for sharing this delightful looking new one.

Maria Behar said...

Just to let you know, Jill -- my computer is a little slow right now. So, when I was entering my link, I clicked "Enter" too many times....that's why my blog link appears twice on the list. My apologies!

As for your choice this week, it sounds like a very poignant, bittersweet read. The theme of the novel is one we must all face in life -- the inevitability of change, and how it affects those we love, and the places and things we love. This might be one of those "four-hanky reads", and I know I'll love it!

Thanks for sharing!! : )

Tina's Blog said...

I love Jane Hamilton! This one is in my WoW queue. There are so many great books coming out in 2016!

Renee said...

Sounds like a great read! Thanks for hosting!

Angel Erin's Book Obsession said...

Looks interesting! I've never read any of her books.:)

Laura said...

Sounds like a good read. It's not one that would normally hit my radar. Thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

This book sounds so intriguing! Great find!

Lisa Mandina said...

Hmm, not an author I've read before, doesn't sound like my type of read. I hope you're able to get ahold of it soon though!

Reading With Erin said...

I hadn't heard of that book before but it does sound interesting. I hope your able to get it soon!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

This sounds like a beautiful story filled with hard real life stories. I hope you enjoy it.

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Hm. This sounds very interesting. And the cover is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! <3

Clipping Solutions said...

It was an amazing article.Thanks a lot for providing us this useful article with us
clipping path service/Photo Retouching services
Raster To vector conversion

JO said...

Four-time Olympic champion Simone Biles says "there is no room for racism in any sport" after a video went viral on social media of a black girl not given a medal at an Irish gymnastics event ceremony. รับ สร้าง บ้าน เชียงใหม่