Wednesday, December 2, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Miller's Valley

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Miller's Valley
By Anna Quindlen

Publication Date: April 5

From author's website:

“No one ever leaves the town where they grew up, not really, even if they go,” says Mimi Miller as she tells the story of her life, from the 1960s to the present, in a small American town on the verge of change. The Miller family has lived and farmed in Miller’s Valley for generations, but Mimi sees change looming at the corners of her community and within the walls of her home. As she grows up and discovers sex, love, and ambition, what has seemed bound together begins to drift apart: Mimi’s mother from her reclusive sister, Ruth; her damaged brother Tommy from his family and son; and the community itself, menaced by the lingering presence of government officials. As Mimi looks back on the past, she comes to understand that her family and her town itself may always have been destined to disappear.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!












13 comments:

Lekeisha said...

Hope you enjoy this when you get it!

Tina's Blog said...

I love Anna Quindlen! I hadn't heard she had a new book coming out yet. I can't wait to read her latest work :)

Lisa Mandina said...

Love that cover! Haven't ever read this author, although I know she is popular.

Laura said...

It's a nice cover. Not sure it's for me though. Hope you enjoy it!

Angel Erin's Book Obsession said...

I've never heard of her. I sure do love that cover though! :)

Tangled N Books said...

I adore the cover. Happy reading!

Jill Hoke said...

I haven"t read an Anna Quindlin book yet. This one looks really good. I'll have to check it out.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am excited that Anna Quindlen has another new book! It is now on my list. Thanks!

leaninglights said...

I haven't read a book by this author but I love books spanning decades. This looks good!

MikaylaGray said...

Love the gorgeous cover! I've never heard of Anna Quindlen, but this one sounds good. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

This is a different type of book than what i would read but you never know and the blurb sounds good

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

I love hometown books. This one sounds fabulous.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Sometimes it is very hard to accept change.